Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Job Hunting and the Pregnant wife

Evidently it is not easy to take a job outside of your local area if your wife is pregnant.
I have lost quite a few jobs because the company(some small, some behemoths) could not figure out relocation for us because the family can not come until after the baby and I would have to be back and forth to home.
I have no problem with travel, working remotely or managing remotely or traveling 75% of my time. Evidently some companies do.
So even though I am willing to be based in Atlanta, Spain, Benelux, Seattle and others, I just get turned down because my family holds me back.
This is not right.
So if you have open headcount and don't mind me being based in Boca Raton, Florida for the next 6 months or so, please let me know so I can afford my new baby. Or alolow me to work in country for a week or 2 then home for a week.

No comments: