Thursday, April 26, 2007

SPAM Has Stopped, Wish R8 would stop it too

Finally found the gold. SpamSentinel from http://www.maysoft.com/ Mayflower is the key.
Now before I or you go too far, remember I use Notes as a POP3 client without a Domino server, usually.
So all those who like the other ones, I tried 3-4 already, none would work. Not mentioning names since I am sure they work in other cases not as unique as mine.
You see the problem is Lotus never enabled mail rules on the client side to work without a server. And in R8, this continues. Bummer. So even though I blocked 100's of emails, it never will work without a server.

But now, I have to shell out $50 to Mayflower, but I don't mind, it's unbelievable!
Excellent support staff and very responsive and accepting of advice for enhancements even.

Why did it take me so long to find them, well until the last 6 months I never had more than a handful of spam in my inboxes(under 30 usually), now I get over 100 a day!

So kudos to Allison(she does the video on their website) and Chris(the tech guy who helped me sort out some questions I had). See you in Orlando next year!

No comments: