Thursday, December 28, 2006

Direction Changes

While I wanted this to be about Domino administration, I find that I am not really drawn to write about the trials and tribulations found among us firemen.
Instead I want to devote my time to remote admin and outsourcing of it for Domino infrastrcutures.
Why?
Because while many of you out there outsource your admin already, few of you have some one who really understands what is going on and managing the future of your network.
Call it high consulting, top tier admin, expert on call, whatever the description, ask yourself this about your environment:
Is our environment healthy?
How would we know?
Do we need more or less servers?
Why do we still run R5 or R6 templates when we have an R7 server?
Do we have alternative routing setup in case of SMTP or gateway failures?
Unified messaging, it has been around for Domino since 1999 or earlier, when will you implement it?
Legal audit? When was the last time you pulled a backup tape from 5+ years ago and verfified the data was intact and usable?

If any or all of these are in question let me know and we can discuss it, or meet me at Lotusphere at my BoF session for more information.
Happy New Year!

No comments: